Better than regular chocolate chip cookies

Spoiler: The secret is coconut oil instead of butter, or some fake butter. Seriously. It is. Amazing.

(Disclaimer: I know sugar is poisonous and I try not to use it but I haven't yet figured out a way to make cookies as awesome as this without it. But I will let you know. That said, this definitely doesn't use as much sugar as some other cooke recipes.)

Tools:
Medium bowl, fork or mixing apparatus, spoon, measuring cups, cookie sheet, oven

Ingredients:
Virgin Coconut Oil
Sugar
Vanilla
Baking Soda
Baking Powder
Flour
Balsamic Vinegar
Non-milk (optional)
Vegan Chocolate chips
Walnuts (optional)

1. In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil with 1/2 cup sugar with a fork. The coconut oil might not like this at first, but it'll come around.

2. Add 1 (generous) tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp baking soda.

3. Add 1 1/2 cups flour a little bit at a time. I like to use half whole wheat and half white to make them the teeniest bit healthier (and a bit.. heartier?), but if you want the full-blown non-nutrition of all that is cookie, by all means, use allll white flour.

4. How to make them fluffy! In your used half cup, combine 1 tsp baking powder withhhh 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (apple cider vinegar works too) and 1 tbsp water. FZZZZZZ. Add this to the mix.

5. Add a little bit of non-milk (or water) to get the consistency of cookie dough.

6. Add lots of chocolate chips. Or however many you want. I use almost a cup. I also love to put walnuts in there.

7. (I like to re-use parchment paper instead of greasing a cookie sheet...so I don't have to clean it.)
Spoon out onto a cookie sheet and bake for 11 minutes / keep an eye on them. I like mine more well-done.

8. SOOOO GOOOOOOD. Make sure you invite friends over so you don't eat them all yourself. Or eat them all yourself, whatever, they're vegan.


(This recipe was adapted from KB's The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment