Welcome to a new life.
These are so easy to make and you will never want to buy tortillas in plastic again.
Bowl, fork, rolling pin or rolling pin-type-thing, skillet, spatula, mouth
(Measurements are approximate-- very forgiving. I just throw it all together. Makes 3 tortillas.)
1. In a bowl, use fork to combine:
1/2 cup Wheat Flour
1/2 cup White Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
2. Add 1-2 tbsp oil and mix with fork.
3. Add a littttttle bit of water at a time, mixing until it looks like this:
Should feel like tough play-doh.
4. Roll into balls.
(5. OPTIONAL: let sit for 20 minutes, covered in a bowl, to let the baking powder activate more, yielding fluffier tortillas. I am too impatient for this step.)
6. Roll out into tortilla-shapes. I never make the effort to make perfect circles. Unperfect circles are more delicious.
7. Add a little oil to the pan and fry over medium heat. The dough will get little bubbles, about 30 seconds per side, or whatever you like.
Also, if you are making rice & beans with this (good idea!) just slop 'em into the bowl you made tortillas in. Save a dish-washing.