Have you ever had Orange Juice from Concentrate? Have you ever had Orange Juice from an orange?
Yeah, the difference between store-bought almond milk and home-made almond milk is like that.
I knowww it's this big commitment to spend 10 bucks on a nut milk bag, but-- oh wait. It's not that big a commitment, plus you get INSANE delicious fresh almond milk and you get to say the words "nut milk bag" more.
I can't even call this a recipe, it's so simple.
Bowl, nut milk bag (tehe), blender, big glass jar to keep your almond milk in (look at Good Will).
1. Soak 1 cup of raw almonds in water overnight. Maybe covered, so you don't get dust and floaties and non-vegan bugs and stuff falling in there.
2. Wake up! It's time to make almond milk!!!
3. Drain the almonds and put them in the blender with 4 cups of water. Blend for a minute or 2. I know, but wait!
4. Pour the almond milk into the nut milk bag over your big glass jar or container (or a big bowl, for now). SQUEEEZE all the extra milk out of the bag.
5. Ayo, what's that left in the bag? Almond meal? SO MANY USES FOR THAT LATER. Put it in some tupperware in the fridge.
6. What are you doing, drink your almond milk!!! Drink it up, within 3 days, probably. Awesome. Ahhh.